- 987 Hope Street, Stamford, CT, United States
Founded on May 20th 1908, the Springdale Fire Company became the first volunteer fire company in rural Stamford, Connecticut. Now, Springdale is Stamford’s oldest volunteer department still in operation today. In 1915, the Springdale Fire Company purchased their first chemical engine, an American LaFrance chemical hose wagon.
After the second World War, the community had grown and the Springdale Fire Company had grown as well. Through the generous donations the Springdale Fire Company was able to secure the purchase of a new plot of land and began to build their new firehouse at 987 Hope Street in 1955. By 1991 the Springdale Fire Company was running a ford Bluestar ambulance, a 1981 Ford utility truck, a 1965 Mack 1000 GPM custom pumper, a 1977 Seagrave 1250 GPM Pumper, a 1985 65ft Ford Snorkel aerial truck and a 1986 Mack 1250 GPM pumper.